Saturday, March 3, 2012

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb

Happy March!

We have officially survived February--(not that it matters because I've seen more SNOW in the last few days than I did ALL of February!)

So I thought I'd celebrate with a little weekly wrap-up.

1. Unlike my epic 3.5 and 5 lb. weight losses, my weight loss slowed down over the past few weeks. I've lost 3.5 lbs. in the last 2 weeks. Despite this slower pace, I'm going to stick to it!
Here's why:
-My sexy jeans all fit
-I'm only 4 lbs. away from my "thin"
-People keep telling me how much smaller I look---so its possible I'm converting fat to muscle!
-You can't quit when you hit a plateau
-Losing weight at a reasonable speed means you're more likely to keep it off!
-I went on vacation last week, and cheated a bit---so the fact that I STILL lost something is actually an accomplishment...it shows I can maintain this, even when its difficult!
-I wish I had an update picture so you could see my progress (although its only about 7-8 lbs. since last month)...but you can KIND OF see that my face is thinner...in this pic I took in Tahoe last weekend!

2. I ran 5 miles yesterday, and did two runs last week that were 4.5 miles and 5.0 miles...I really feel like I'm getting back into it! And I'm finally enjoying my runs---they RELAX me and I love doing it! (most days)

3. Last night I went out to sushi with Kate, Ana, & Meg (while she is in town)! We tried Sakura on Route 1; Kate got this amazing-looking avocado salad (crab meat, cucumber---shredded and mixed with spicy mayo, with sliced avocado on top)...and everyone really enjoyed their sushi. I got the Screaming Maki, which was spicy Tuna/Salmon, topped with crab...so tasty!


4. Congratulations to my Kansas pals on their BIG NEWS!!!! I am beyond excited for them!

5. In an hour, I'm headed up to NH to hang out with the Betty Whites!!! Seth's grandpa has a condo in North Conway, and that's what I'm up to tonight!!! Yay!!!


So I'm off: to buy calorie-free mixers for my drinks, and to eat a healthy breakfast!

I am determined to live a healthy lifestyle and STILL be able to be social! It's a challenge but I'm up for it!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment