Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lake Tahoe 2012

So I just got home from 4 awesome days (a little mini-vacation) in Lake Tahoe! Specifically, I visited my friend Cheryl in Incline Village, NV, which is right on the lake.


Long story short, Cheryl was home last week, and ended up flying back out to Tahoe with me. On Thursday night (or Friday morning I guess) @ 1am, I get a call from American Airlines saying, "Just kidding, flight is canceled." That sucked! Massive snowstorm over Chicago messed up our plans, so we had to fly into Sacramento (Sac Town not so fun) and rent a car to drive into Truckee (town next to Tahoe)

15 hours later we finally made it to Incline.


Not a lot of snow there this season. So we enjoyed Hidden Beach on Saturday. Especially playing with Simba guy, most awesome dog ever. Cheryl's boo Duke was there too, and there were other peeps visiting as well, so it was lots of fun!



Saturday night we went to Reno to see Boombox play. It was an epic night. I barely remember the end of it...and this is the only picture that my tipsy ass managed to take!

GOOD MORNING RENO! We went thrift shopping and out for a delicious breakfast. Sunday night, we went to a potluck at CiCi's house, which was a lot of fun.


BUT TAHOE HAD ONE MORE SURPRISE IN STORE---SNOW!!!

We got a foot of snow on Monday! Cher and I worked with one of her clients doing home-based PT, went into an outdoor hot-tub as it SNOWED on us, and took a picturesque drive to see the Tahoe scenery covered in snow!
I feel rejuvinated! What a great couple of days!!! Back to the grind tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment