Saturday, March 24, 2012

twenty.eight.

Yeah. Elephant in the room. The name of my blog is "twenty.seven."

And this week, I turned 28.

More about that later...
First things first.
Weekly update.

Last sunday, I ran a 3.2 mile segment of the New Bedford Half Marathon, pushing one of my little loves in his stroller. What a difference from last year! Instead of barely making it, I was able to chat with the other runners as we jogged, and felt great when I finished!!!





Congratulations to Michaela and George on moving into their new house this week!!!
(And thanks to Michaela for the birthday cake!)





I did not lose ANY pounds this week. Ugh.
BUT, when I measured my hips, they were an inch smaller!
So I think I'm converting fat to muscle! And muscle weighs more!

5 lbs. of muscle vs. 5 lbs. of fat

I knew this plateau was coming, so I'm going to stay the course! I ran yesterday and went for a walk with Rachael today. I'm keeping it positive!

P.S. Thanks to Rachael for the vanilla biscotti K-cups! (I drink coffee when I am craving desserts or more food!!!)

Finally, I made the LAST payment on one of my student loans this week. YAY!!!!!




So, to the topic at hand.

TWENTY.EIGHT.

It's been a big year. Twenty seven was full of experiences, love, highs...and a couple of lows.


I celebrated what matters most with my cousins. Only 74 days till Cousin-Fest!




The Betty Whites became a Trivia Force.



I enjoyed some vacations...

To Tahoe...




And Guatemala.






Celebrating weddings and love with close friends....







And found and lost love myself.





Which brings me to today. March 24, 2012.

Today I feel...
hopeful.



This year will bring happiness, peace of mind, friends, great memories, and I BELIEVE it will be a good one. I can't control my circumstances all the time, but I can choose to be happy. I can choose to be positive and choose to have faith that everything will turn out exactly as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment