Saturday, September 24, 2011

An Intimate Portrait: Lane!

In life, everyone needs at least ONE great friend. I've been lucky to have a few...but none quite as close to me as my BESTIE, Lane. She is less of a friend and more like family. Like a brunette, thin sister who loves Cool Ranch Doritoes and looks nothing like me.


Out in Boston, 2009


Lane and I have been friends since we were eleven. That's 16 angst-filled, happiness-filled, change-filled years. And thoughout many changes in my life, good and bad, she has always been a rock for me. I am clearly the more dramatic, needy friend in this relationship...but like Lane says...she's not much of a talker, and likes to listen to stories I tell about my life...so I guess it works, although if my incredibly self-sufficient and UNneedy friend ever needed ME--I would be there.


At my family's cabin in Maine, age 15





Winterball, Junior Year





Through the good times, the BAD CHOICES....

Super Sweet 24 Birthday Prom




Watching our lives change, our friends grow up and get married....

Lynne's Wedding, 2009




Some fun facts about LANE...


She loves Brent, her domestic partner of FOREVER.







Brent is super fun, really smart... doesn't always make safe choices...





And he loves Lane, despite her penchant for...functional...clothing. (I couldn't find a picture of Lane with her pants tucked into her socks...believe me, I looked.)





Lane has unconditional love for her sweet, anxiety-ridden dog, Sydney.





Lane has fantastic, spontaneous dance moves.


Gettin' down @ Rachael's Bachelorette


Lane is an avid climber...she tried to get me to "boulder" a few times...it ended with a twisted ankle and me sitting on a crash pad.





We had a super fun ski lift experience last January...which I won't get into but ended with my screaming, "I'm on the lift!" and throwing myself off.

As for Lane, she isn't ALWAYS a dynamo on the slopes. (But most of the time she is)





She and Brent enjoy home brewing...






And despite her fear of nakedness, she occasionally shows her more, ahem...floozie side.




Bottom line: One day when our husbands die we will RUN SHIT in the nursing home.




LOVE YOU LANE!!!!
(With your tucked in pants, cool ranch Doritoes, flapping nostrils, hyperextended wrists, cackle, random kicks/obsessions, and unconditional support!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment