Tuesday, April 3, 2012

For Dad


I'm a little nervous. My dad is going to have his heart "jump-started" tomorrow morning.

He has an arrhythmia, and he has been cardioverted before. But not for a while. And I get nervous every.single.time.

So I'm going to dedicate this post to Daddy...

Just Relaxing in Maine




My Dad is a unique guy. Super nerdy, goofy, athletic, has quite a temper, enjoys Captain Morgan, loves the History channel. When I was born, his OCD really kicked into high gear...he used to record my feedings and my diaper changes on a grid. (Yeah, intense.) I have always been his first born...and he is very protective. I have so many wonderful childhood memories...


Hanging at the Cape




He was always there to pry me off of innocent Disney characters...





Always willing to let me "help" rake the leaves---(which meant re-raking the piles I jumped into)






He was always ready to amuse himself at my expense. Terrifying.






And willing to chase me around the beach, watch me try to do cartwheels, and make sure I didn't get lost running around and trying to make friends...




I should probably mention that I'm not my father's ONLY child...haha.
Chris is around too.





And I never liked fishing...but Chris seemed to really enjoy it.





I appreciate his enthusiasm for my Barbie-themed birthday party.






And his constant goofing-off.





He's a really great Dad.





Its important that you're proud of me.


This year, I came home to my yearly Valentine's Day card. Which will NEVER get old!!!

I appreciate and love you Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment