Saturday, November 26, 2011

Family Ties

So, it goes without saying that this has been a tough and confusing month in my life.

I'm surviving, doing what I need to do, and managing to have fun...but there are moments it's been difficult.

As a person who doesn't like blurred lines and ambiguity, its difficult to accept that I need to "wait and see what happens" with my current situation.

And so it causes a lot of anxiety, to be honest.


But the good news is that this week was THANKSGIVING.
Also, we are planning a surprise 25th Anniversary Party for my Aunt Mimi and Uncle Mike tonight! So I've spent lots of time with my cousins and family...

Its been great to have fun with people that have always been there.

Its also nice to enjoy a holiday that has meant so much to me for so long...I love Thanksgiving. And even though my life was in turmoil this year, its nice to know that some things don't change. Like eating turnips, stuffing, too many desserts, and awkward family conversation.

Sometimes it seems like no one can ever know you as well as the people you grew up with.



And I love them! Only 200 days till the next Cousin-Fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment