Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nom Nom Nom




My grandmother was an amazing cook. She taught me how to make her "signature" dishes like kielbasa, pie, chicken soup...and cooking with her make cooking fun.

She's been gone for 8 years now but I still have the cooking bug!

And, like my grammy, I like to make basic recipes my own.

When cooking for a picky "manly man" who likes beef and "strong flavor" (i.e. cheese, butter, salt, unhealthy stuff) I need to get creative with what I make. And today I took my OTHER grandmother's meatloaf recipe and made something a little fun...


French-fried Onion Meatloaf Sliders

I feel like I just have to share the recipe! Especially with you ladies that have football-loving, beer drinking, beef consuming manly men at home!!!



Start with basic meatloaf:



1 lb. 90% sirloin



1/2 packet Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix



1 egg


1/3 cup bread crumbs


1/3 cup water


1/4 cup ketchup (optional)



Then, I put the meatloaf mixture into muffin cups . I used nine cups, but it could easily yield 6 larger or 12 smaller sliders, depending on what you're looking for. Baked it for ~15-20 minutes on 400 degrees, until the burgers were cooked.


Use tongs to pull the sliders out of the muffin pan, and place them on a baking sheet. (Extra bonus--lots of the fat and grease stayed in the muffin pan and not on my sliders!) I added French's French Fried Onions on top, and mild cheddar cheese. Put them back in the oven (only a few minutes) until the cheese was melted, and served them on Martin's potato rolls.

DE-LISH, I TELL YOU!



A perfect Sunday afternoon football game food!!! Brian enjoyed his by dipping it in ketchup.









I'd like to end this entry with a dedication...










To true love.


Sometimes you just know when you've found "the one."











Brian + Chicken Alfredo from Olive Garden= TRUE LOVE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment