Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Dietary Obsessions

Caution: Health/Weight-Loss Post Ahead.
(If you don't want to hear about foods that help you lose weight, stop reading now.)


I've been eating nuts or nut butter (in controlled amounts) every day. 






Citrus fruits help burn fat. Red grapefruits are so satisfying and juicy! 



I added beans. All kinds, but especially black beans. I read an article that beans burn fat AND that you only absorb ~50% of the calories since they are high in fiber. They also add delicious texture and yummy-ness to so much stuff!!! 







I've added even more high fiber fruits and veggies. Especially celery, cantaloupe, spinach, apples, and blueberries. 







Several physician-sanctioned diets include the 90/10 rule, which means that no more than 10% of daily calories should come from meat/dairy/oils. I have not adopted this rule in the traditional sense but did apply it to dairy/oils. I have cut down my dairy significantly. And it seems to be working.




We'll see how it goes. I'm home sick with a nasty cold that seems to have evolved into an ear infection. I haven't worked out in 3 days, I feel like a slug. I'm HOPING to not gain weight. My plan is to weigh in on Friday, December 7th.

Also, stay tuned...I'm thinking of moving my final goal lower. AGAIN. But I'm not officially changing it yet.


Pounds lost: 67
Pounds to original goal: 3
Pounds to final goal: 13



No comments:

Post a Comment