Monday, September 23, 2013

Wedding Season Re-Cap

So...I've been at some weddings. 

I love weddings, as a general rule. 

Looking fancy, yummy food/drinks, dancing, nostalgia...
And most importantly, witnessing a huge event in the life of someone you love



So a little re-cap. 

I was LUCKY to be invited to three weddings within the last month. 
Three celebrations of love & happiness. 


Ann & Justin--Buffalo NY




Meg & Zack--Newport RI




Pat & Betsy--Allentown, PA





Annie and I became friends when she lived in Plymouth and worked at Schwartz. We were hired within a month of each other, and instantly clicked. Before I even met Brian, I actually visited Ann several times in Plymouth to hang out/get drinks. We drove to Albany together, went shopping in Newport. And once I met Brian (who lived 1/2 mile from Ann, small world), we were neighbors!
Ann moved to Arkansas last October, when her fiancee Justin was re-located there for work. I visited her in March, which was amazing. It was great to see her again, it's been six months!





Meg & I have been close since high school. She was one of my closest friends then, and continues to be a good friend today. She moved to Washington DC (well, technically just outside it) in December 2009, and since then we have been long-distance friends. Meg & Zack met in Newport but started actually seeing each other once she moved. And clearly, it worked out!!!

Needless to say, we've been friends since glitter dresses were in style. 





Patrick and I have been close since 2006, when we met in grad school. (He was wearing that Notre Dame jersey the day I met him too.) I wrote an intimate portrait about Pat, too. To read it, click here.




These weddings were a great way to catch up with friends--old and new! 








And frankly, the dance floor was HOPPIN' at all three weddings. 
What a party! 








It is especially heart-warming to see my friends find partners that they can be THEMSELVES with. 
Goofy, silly. It makes you believe in marriage. (In times where it seems like no one stays together.)








And it's good to know all my friends (now grown-ups!) still have the "moves" of their younger days! 










At the end of the day--it's about true love, right? 
About being willing to give it all up--your freedom, your heart--to someone else. 
Because you get so much back. 
Is there ANYTHING better than seeing someone YOU love, getting the LOVE they deserve? 








And it makes me appreciate MY partner, MY love, all the more. 






I just love him. 
I just love my friends. 
I just love being part of their special days. 


Ever just feel lucky and blessed? 

1 comment: