Friday, October 25, 2013

BREAKTHROUGH


I'd like to share a few things. My previous post re: being "off the wagon" triggered something in me; I decided to track my food for 12 days in a row, and weighed in today...

And guess what? After months of losing and gaining, never getting UNDER 164...

Today I weighed...





I am re-invigorated and so excited! 

13 POUNDS TO GO.




I also thought about the whole thing. 

What caused my decrease in motivation, my change in priorities. 

I broke it down to: going WAY off the wagon during vacations, yes. Bad habits, yes. 
SLIPPING BACK INTO BEING A FAT KID. Admittedly, yes. 



But that wasn't all. 


...Part of it was a slight change in mindset. 
About PRIORITIES. 
And food doesn't define "good times" for me...but...
There's something to be said for enjoying life. 




When Grampy died, I started thinking. 
"What's life without an occasional bowl of ice cream?"
Ice cream being a specific example but also a generalization for "enjoying life." 
Somehow, counting all my calories and being obsessive felt unauthentic while I was mourning Grampy. 

Someone who would NEVER have counted calories. 

Someone who supported my weight loss and was proud of me, BUT also shook his head at the obsessive-ness of my food journal. 

And I realized...there's a way to be disciplined and meet my goals. 
But I also realize that it's important to me to find balance. And occasionally let go and enjoy. 
And THAT, my friends, will be the place of the most happiness. 


In the meantime, I'm going to appreciate what I have. 
I am going up to Maine today, with Brian, Lane, & Brent, for one last "hurrah" at the cabin. 
I will drink Ginger Brandy, eat ice cream & prime rib, hike, and laugh--all in Grampy's memory. 

And keep in mind...(regardless of the scale or my eating choices...)


No comments:

Post a Comment