Saturday, January 26, 2013

Work in Progress

Wow. Day 17 already.

After a brutal Day 10-11, day 12 was tolerable...

I cooked up some root veggies (which have a little more carbohydrate content) for myself for the week (squash, turnip and red peppers roasted in organic veggie broth with onions, garlic and EVOO). I made sure I had a serving each day for the week. I relaxed my standards on fruit and allowed three servings daily. The online boards about extreme irritability suggested that cutting carbohydrates drastically can impact mood for some people. So I increased a little bit of my carbs through fruits and veggies.

And overall...I am feeling So.Much.Better. 

I'm still struggling a bit with ways to deal with temptation. I'm starting to get really frustrated and resentful when Brian eats delicious food in front of me. I know this is irrational and unfair...believe me, I get it...but I'm just so irritated in the moment! Luckily, that irritation comes and goes quickly. I'm all of a sudden so aware of him eating delicious sweet things that I want--and somewhere inside I'm convinced he's doing it to tempt me. (That's the crazy talking.)

But I know it's not his fault I decided to go all psycho-restrictive and do the Whole30.

Overall, I'm finally feeling that burst of energy I've been told was waiting for me. I woke up this morning, READY to WORK OUT. Then I went to the grocery store, made a delicious breakfast, showered, and got ready to attack the day.

I'm getting better at making meals too; some suggestions of Whole30 approved meals that are DELICIOUS:

- Scrambled organic eggs, uncured all natural (nitrate free) ham, green peppers cooked with a touch of EVOO and salt. fresh fruit and cherry tomatoes on the side.

-Organic spinach salad; with avocado, slivered almonds, sliced cherry tomatoes, chicken sauteed in coconut oil with red pepper, dressed with balsamic vinegar and a TOUCH of EVOO.

-Cantaloupe coated in unsweetened organic coconut flakes, mixed with almonds

-Spicy shrimp sauteed in coconut oil until crisp, with carrots with a bit of Ghee (clarified butter)

-Dynamite (my mom's recipe); ground beef (grass fed all natural) with tomato paste, peppers and onions


Even at trivia, which sells bar food, I was able to get Grilled Salmon, twice baked sweet potato, and steamed green beans and wax beans, and stay Whole30 compliant.



I'm getting there. Work in progress. 




No comments:

Post a Comment